Penn Foster sits squarely at the intersection between education and employment. Serving over 150,000 students and hundreds of corporations and for-purpose organizations annually with upskilling, reskilling and career pathways at the secondary, post –secondary, and career training levels. At Penn Foster we believe in measuring ourselves in terms of the outcomes we create for our students- both academic as well as employment-centric outcomes. We are creating an innovative, purpose-built private network of students, employers/agencies, and career coaches/advisors to actively facilitate and drive job matching, career advancement planning and talent pipeline management.
Career lifecycle management is influenced, driven and delivered upon by various groups within Penn Foster today and this cross-functional execution and collaboration is the hallmark of success for the enterprise. In this role, the Sr. Product Manager will guide the vision, build, delivery and optimization of the products and services that fall within career lifecycle management in collaboration with the VP of Marketing, VP of Digital Products, VP of Content, and head of strategic partnerships & alliances.
The Career Lifecycle Management Sr. Product Manager will make software, services and content decisions to deliver a career lifecycle management product offering to students, employers and supporting organizations. A versatile role with wide range of responsibilities that role up to delivering a package of products, partnerships and services to help develop individuals to succeed in the workforce and to help connect individuals and employers through the Penn Foster platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Career Lifecycle product line from concept to design, piloting, analysis and roll out
- In partnership with Marketing, Student Services and Content, build an experience that prepares candidates to find employment (internships, externships/practicum) and reduces friction among employers looking for candidates
- In collaboration with the head of partnerships and alliances, implement partnership arrangements with employers that create data trail on outcomes and efficacy of Penn Foster education and work- effectiveness of Penn Foster Students
- Build and deliver on operating plan for a Career Lifecycle Management platform including Career effectiveness training (Career Readiness Bootcamp) that includes achievement of growth and outcomes objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment across all the channels/categories of business and/or key customers.
- In partnership with Marketing team, responsible for managing student and partner activities through research, customer/partner/market feedback and strategic planning/execution
- In partnership with Student Success and Career Services teams, develop effective programs and promotions to help students evaluate, prepare and achieve employment outcomes while creating a life-long learning and development relationship with alumni
Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years of product line management experience – concept to launch
- Cross-functional leadership and managing across teams is critical
- Build vs buy investment decisions
- Product design, development, release management
- Data driven strategic and tactical execution
- Technical knowledge to leverage APIs as a strategic lever for partnerships
- User Experience design and customer journey mapping to create innovative and compelling persona based experience
- Lean startup approach in rapid test and learn cycles
- Understanding and experience with middle-skilled learner needs/challenges, skills gaps, and effective strategies in bridging supply of talent with jobs to create life long career outcomes
- Technical knowledge to leverage big data to better personalize the job matching experience but also to manage/harness the data exhaust
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Competency based education
- Department of Labor sources such a O*Net Data descriptors, Bureau of Labor Statistics, CareerOneStop competency models
- Trends of innovation in hiring, staffing and training of mid skilled workers and high skilled workers in specialized industries such as retail, allied health and hospitality
- ATS and talent management systems and processes
- Risk, challenges and opportunities with pre-hire assessment solutions
- We value your experience and results more than a credential. Having said that, a BS or MS degree in any field of study from any accredited school, can’t hurt.
- Your passion, commitment and determination to create (and measure) value for students and employers supersedes all other qualities
- Understanding of labor and education markets specifically in entry level and vocational skills jobs.
- We also expect you to work well with others, collaborate, roll-up your sleeves, be self-directed, and respect/honor our core values
- To have a great time and be successful at Penn Foster, you're entrepreneurial, creative and bring a solutions-oriented mindset
- Comfortable with matrixed reporting models